QE Gateshead goes for gold for staff
Staff at Gateshead’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital are amongst the most valued staff in the country – according to a prestigious new award.
The hospital has just been awarded the sought after Investors in People Gold award - making it one of only three NHS Foundation trusts across the whole of the north of England and the top 3% of organisations nationally to achieve the award.
Investors in People Gold focuses on how staff are supported to achieve their potential. The assessors interviewed almost 200 staff from a wide variety of roles. They said that the key areas that have made the Trust stand out as an outstanding employer are:
- Staff understand where their contribution fits in to the ambitions and work of the Trust
- A co-ordinated service improvement programme is at the heart of the way the organisation operates to the benefit of patients and staff
- Leaders and managers are effective in leading, managing and developing people
- Coaching and mentoring is embedded as a way of supporting staff
- Significant investment has been made in staff learning and development
- The Trust has developed a culture of continuous learning.
Mary Darroch, OD and Staff Development Manager at the QE, said: “We are really thrilled to have received this prestigious accolade. It clearly demonstrates that the Trust’s investment in to staff – in terms of learning and development, staff engagement, recognition, health and well-being holistic approach to caring for our staff – is valued.
“This investment also benefits patients by improving the quality of care. We have prioritised training to make sure that staff are trained in the latest techniques; are able to use the latest technology and can use their skills to improve clinical outcomes and the patient experience.
“Staff are able to learn in a wide variety of ways, including the use of upgraded learning facilities; state-of-the-art simulation equipment; extended e-learning and practice-based assessment.
If you are interested in finding out more about Investors in People and how it can support improved performance for your organisation, click here to visit the idg website – official Investors in People partner.
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by idg .
Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.
Sign up to receive our popular North East morning email for free.