Maximising Mobile Video Conferencing in 5 Easy Steps
Mobile and desktop video collaboration is exploding in the business world. According to Gartner, by 2015, over 200 million workers globally will run corporate-supplied video conferencing from their desktops.
Additionally, with the growth of smartphones and tablets surpassing PCs, the demand has never been higher for a video collaboration solution that delivers mobile and desktop access allowing you to work anytime, anywhere.
Even though we all know that mobile video conferencing is the latest creation, you may be wondering if it really is a useful business tool or not – rather than just a fun toy for your employees to enjoy.
Want to maximise the potential of your mobile video conferencing technology?
Use these 5 top tips.
1. Extend video capabilities to everyone: customers, vendors, partners, interview candidates and more. HD video collaboration has come a long way since its early days, and now mobile video collaboration is accessible to nearly anyone with an Internet connection or a mobile device. New products, like LifeSize UVC ClearSea, allow for unlimited, free guest invitations, so you can truly maximise your investment by using video for every meeting. The more you use video inside and outside of your organisation, the more ROI you will experience.
2. Think outside the box when it comes to where you can connect: Mobile video conferencing isn’t just for road warriors. Typical 9-to-5 office workers can benefit from the technology as well. Your employees will appreciate the flexibility that video conferencing provides, since they can now join meetings from anywhere, anytime. If they need to work from home to wait for the plumber or sit in the waiting room during their son’s doctors appointment, they don’t have to miss an important meeting. Equip all of your knowledge workers with mobile video conferencing and you will be amazed at how productive they can be.
3. Allow employees to “BYOD“: Unlike certain consumer-grade video conferencing products, LifeSize UVC ClearSea can run on PCs, Macs and more than 50 Android and iOS devices. Through a BYOD program, your staff can use their own personal devices to collaborate (which can save you a bundle on purchasing company-provided devices).
4. Sync your mobile video solution with all of your devices. Features like “ring all” allow you to sync your mobile video conferencing solution with your desktop PC, tablet and smartphone. So, when someone calls you, all of your devices ring simultaneously (ensuring you never miss an important call). This helps ensure more usage by employees which will help build a video culture to maximise your investment.
5. Don’t skimp on quality. It may be tempting to invest in a consumer-grade video conferencing product for your organisation because it’s cheap, but in the long run, this decision will actually result in less usage across your staff (due to the often poor performance of these solutions). An HD, enterprise-class mobile video solution is the right choice if you are looking for a professional way to communicate with important business colleagues.
The latest product from LifeSize, LifeSize UVC ClearSea, introduces the Smart Video™ experience for desktop and mobile calling.
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by Andreas Wienold .