Beth Macer

Member Article

Travel insurance and personal accident cover comment

“If you require medical treatment of any kind whilst travelling abroad, you should claim under the medical expenses section of your travel insurance.

“Personal accident cover as a policy benefit with travel insurance is purely designed to be a compensation payment if your accident results death, loss of limb, loss of sight or permanent and total disablement, (as described by your insurer in their policy wording),” says travel insurance expert, Beth Macer from PayingTooMuch

“Most policies cover between £15,000 and £25,000 for personal accident cover, (again depending on your insurer,) but a lot of people commonly mistake this as the section of their policy that they should claim under as a result of an accident needing medical treatment.”

This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by PayingTooMuch .

Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.

Sign up to receive our popular morning National email for free.

* Occasional offers & updates from selected Bdaily partners

Our Partners

Top Ten Most Read