Preferred developer for the Adur Civic Centre site selected
Adur District Council’ has announced that KSD SteelRock Estates has been chosen as the preferred developer for the Civic Centre redevelopment project.
The Council’s Executive Members and Council Officers are “in no doubt” that the KSD SteelRock proposal brings sharp focus onto the long-term impact of this key landmark site.
While the full details of the plans are still to be opened to public consultation, key highlights are:
- The foundation of a digital academy on the former staff car park site to accelerate the growth of digital skills in the local economy
- The relocation of Focus, a major local employer, from Southwick, protecting 150 local jobs and providing expansion space for the firm to double in size
- The provision of a range of spaces suitable for the needs of the town’s businesses to expand into, or micro businesses to operate from
- A number of high quality residential units ranging in size from 1 - 3 bedrooms, 30% of which will be affordable properties
- Hotel accommodation suited to the needs of business and leisure visitors
- High quality landscaping and design, maximising the attractiveness not only of the development itself, but of the views through the development to the river frontage.
Leader of Adur District Council, Neil Parkin, said: “I’m delighted to see the creation of new jobs, new skills and new residences for the people of Shoreham. The Civic Centre site has been a target for our town’s regeneration efforts, and I am so pleased to be announcing KSD SteelRock as our preferred developer.”
“I fully believe that their ambitions match the District Council’s when it comes to creating long term value for the town and its community.”
Rupert English, Chief Executive at KSD SteelRock, added: “We are delighted to have been selected as preferred developer for this landmark site. We are looking forward to working in close co-operation with both Adur District Council and the wider local community to deliver a development that combines an iconic design conceived by renowned local architect, Conran & Partners, with facilities which address local needs.”
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by Ellen Forster .
Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.
Sign up to receive our popular morning London email for free.